Saturday, June 28, 2008

June 26, 2008


Today I woke up at 4 am and thought it was 7 am. I even tried to get the internet key but they guy told me you couldn’t get it until 7 am so I was very confused. I watched Reba, Maury, and the Tyra Banks show because they have something similar to Bravo but it is called Arena. We went to NSWIS (New South Wales Institute of Sport) and that is one of the places they train their Olympic athletes or anyone that competes at a high level. We left around 8:30 and took the bus there. We had a few slide presentations which were interesting, and then we did this circuit in two groups that involved medicine balls at one end and at the other it involved weights. I met an Olympic athlete that won silver at the 2000 Olympics in swimming. And we had a tour of the stadium where they had the torch lighting ceremony at the 2000 Olympics but they still use it today for other things. The circuit we did was really interesting and it was cool to see what athletes might do there. When we got back we went grocery shopping and it is interesting because the portion sizes are different and it is expensive. I only spent $55 though so hopefully it will last me like 2 weeks. Me and Tamika went to a sushi place for dinner and it was cool because it was sushi on a conveyer belt but it wasn’t too bad as far price goes. Then we just came back and I got a phone card and then went to sleep.

Something I wanted to say is that is seems as if Australians have their stuff together. They build things to be eco friendly and they tax things that are bad for you like alcohol. I just think it is really cool how they live their lives and make decisions that are good for everyone not just a certain group of people.

No comments: